As we have moved into the Information Age it is more important than ever that businesses have a presence online to promote their products and services. Your website can be described as your shop window to the world, and it is equally valuable whether you plan on selling internationally, or just within your local area.
Local Business Website
Some of the key reasons your business needs a website include:
- Build trust – These days people expect companies to be online, and like to look up information about the services that they are considering using. Not having a website could make customers think that you are not professional and raises suspicions.
- Pre-sell your customers – By explaining exactly what you do and don’t do, and addressing frequently ask questions, you can effectively use the website to screen potential customers. This also gives them all the information they need up front to decide whether you will be a good fit for them. This in turn helps to free up your time to focus on other areas of the business, or to spend with other potential customers that are further through the sales funnel.
- Demonstrate your expertise – Through articles on your site, you have the opportunity to share your years of experience and demonstrate that you are an expert in your field. This can help you build a reputation as the go to company in your industry in the local area.
- Provide reviews –By linking to third party review sites like Facebook, Yell or Google, you can show customers what a good job you’ve done on previous projects. This provides customers with proof and makes them more likely to trust you and want to work with you.
- Help make sales! – Depending on the type of business that you are in, your website may help you to automate some of the sales process. For example, people could book an appointment, ask for a call back or a demonstration, or request a quote.
- Target a new audience – Building a website gives you the potential to reach a new audience outside your immediate local area. By adding projects you’ve completed in other towns or counties shows potential customers where your service area extends to.
How to get started
Some small businesses find the decision to build a website to be a daunting one. The perception is that it can be expensive and complex, but it needn’t be like that at all.
We have extensive experience building websites for companies in the Hertfordshire area. We understand what a small business needs from a website provider. Our clients tell us that we make the process easy for them. Taking care of domain names, hosting and the website build ensures that you are dealing directly with us and only us.
Take a look at some of the websites we’ve created for small businesses in Hertfordshire.